For the Skins character, see Naomi Campbell (Skins).
Campbell at the Cannes Film Festival in 2008
Born 22 May 1970 (age 42)
Occupation Model, actress, singer, writer, designer
Height 5 ft 9.5 in (1.77 m)
Hair colour Black
Eye colour Brown
Measurements 34-26-35.5 in (86-66-90 cm)
Manager TESS Management (London)
Marilyn Agency (Paris)
d’management group (Milan)
Marilyn Model Mgmt (NYC)
Partner Vladislav Doronin (2008–present)
Naomi Campbell (born London, 22 May 1970) is an English model. Scouted at the age of 15, she established herself among the top three most recognizable and in-demand models of the late 1980s and early 1990s, and she was one of six models of her generation declared “supermodels” by the fashion world. Her personal life is widely reported, particularly her relationships with prominent men—including boxer Mike Tyson, Badr Jafar and actor Robert De Niro—and several highly-publicised convictions for assault.
Campbell was born in Streatham, South London, the daughter of Jamaican-born dancer Valerie Morris. In accordance with her mother’s wishes, Campbell has never met her father, who abandoned her mother when she was four months pregnant, and who went unnamed on her birth certificate. She took on the surname Campbell from her mother’s second marriage. Her half-brother, Pierre, was born in 1986. Campbell is of Afro-Jamaican descent, as well as of Chinese Jamaican ancestry through her paternal grandmother, who carried the family name Ming.
During her early years, Campbell lived in Rome, where her mother worked as a modern dancer. Following their return to London, she was left in the care of her maternal grandmother, Ruby, while her mother travelled across Europe with the dance troupe Fantastica. At five years old, Campbell was enrolled at the Barbara Speake Stage School, and at the age of ten, she was accepted into the Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts, where she studied ballet.
- Kate Moss and Naomi Campbell Fete the Olympics in Style! (fabsugar.com)
- Oscars Poll: Which Naomi Campbell Dress Was The Most Fab? (fabsugar.com)
- Celebrity Style: Naomi Campbell (fabsugar.com)
- Naomi Campbell Launches New Fashion Reality Show ‘The Face’ (Ulta’s ‘Next Top Model’?) (styleblazer.com)
- Naomi Campbell – Naomi Campbell’s Sprint Ambition (contactmusic.com)
- Link Time: What’s Naomi Campbell’s Secret? (bellasugar.com)
- POLL: Will You Be Watching Naomi Campbell’s Reality Show “The Face”? (bagladyboutiqe.wordpress.com)
- Model Minute: Supermodel Naomi Campbell (5min.com)
- Naomi Campbell Wows in One Minute for Antidote Magazine (fashiongonerogue.com)
- Joan Smalls Talks Racism in Fashion and Getting Encouragement from Naomi Campbell (clutchmagonline.com)