The New Year 2013 isn’t far from us. I have spent quite a lot of time lately looking back at what 2012 has brought me, what experiences I made and the route my life is taking these days. It was in fact more than I hoped for, little did I know what would be a few months down the road when I started this blog in February and I also never thought that it would become a ‘serious thing’ for me, a whole new chapter in my life and maybe even new career path.
I have put together a little retrospective to share with you – but before I start I need to say that whatever I have done in 2012 in regards to my blog, whatever I have ‘achieved’ – it is all thanks to Y O U ! If you wouldn’t have signalised that you enjoy reading my online diary, that you like looking at my sartorial adventures in photographs, if you didn’t respond in your comments, on facebook and even in private mails – if it wasn’t for all of that I would have already been discouraged and not sitting here late at night, thinking of how I could possibly thank you all!
Some of the highlights in 2012 were:
* Attending London Fashion Week, writing an article about the London Fashion Week Exhibition and photographing The Unique TOPSHOP show in September. Seeing some of the most popular personal style bloggers for the first time there.
*As a result of going to the above events: being featured on online fashion magazines such as Elle.com and the Stylecolumn (right after Olivia Palermo;))
I have made a collage with what I thought were the best outfits – but just one for each month. I have asked myself how to describe my style? It was not, that when I started out, that I had a clear idea of who or what the Flamboyante is- or where my niche would be – but I have grown into it, it has been a proper self discovery-trip . I can gladly say today I know where I am standing:
”The flamboyant girl or woman is a woman who is not afraid to show her colourful and brilliant side – yet she has her both feet on the ground, knowing what reality means and that it is predominant even in the glamorous world of fashion. To me the flamboyant girl is somebody who wants to make the best out of everything whether this is her appearance or her house, but that alone wouldn’t be enough – she adds her signature hand writing to it as well. The flamboyant girl is beautiful with her edges and flaws and her best asset is character – the flamboyant girl is not an empty shell!”
I know there are so many amazing women out there – that work hard, do amazing things and look fabulous at the same time – and I hope to meet many more of you in the future!
- MY BRITISH FASHION AWARDS 2012 EXPERIENCE ” theflamboyante RE-BLOG (netflowers.wordpress.com)
- See New York Fashion Week Manicures Up Close (bellasugar.com)
- 9 Summery-Cool Hairstyles From São Paulo Fashion Week (bellasugar.com)
- See the Most Fabulous Makeup and Hair From Milan Fashion Week (bellasugar.com)
- Olivia Palermo’s Fashion Week Lookbook – It’s Worth Flipping Through (fabsugar.com)